Sunday, October 10, 2010

Rozke (Polish: Horns)

This is a family fav from my grandmother, Genevieve Kuberski. I have fond memories of baking these with both my father and with my grandmother.

1 lb butter or margarine (I recommend Land o'Lakes unsalted butter)
12 oz. cream cheese
4 cups of flour
Filling : Solo brand or other: nut, apricot, prune, cherry, cheese, etc

Let butter and cheese stand at room temperature so that ingredients can be mixed by hand. (Original instructions state to not use a mixer; I have used one and they turned out fine.) After blending together butter and cheese, add flour one cup at a time; mixing well. Form into a large ball; wrap in waxed paper and chill 4 to 6 hours or over-night.

Remove from refridgerator and cut into 6 or 8 pieces. Roll out on a powdered sugar coated board. Cut into squares of pie wedges.

Fill with fruit or cheese filling and roll (wedges) or fold (squares).

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until done. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

It is better to wait with the powdered sugar until you are ready to serve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment